“This is the opportunity of a lifetime because it changed my life forever.” – Daand Bounyalak, AMT Graduate – TX FAME – Alamo Chapter
A HISTORY OF DEVELOPING GLOBAL-BEST TECHNICAL TALENT
The Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education was founded on June 24, 2010, in Kentucky through a partnership between Toyota and the Bluegrass Community and Technical College.
Today, FAME is the nation’s premier manufacturing education program for students launching careers and workers learning new skills in manufacturing.
Implemented through local employers in partnership with a college partner, FAME programs are a conduit between industry and education, transforming students into essential professionals through hands-on curriculum.
Since its inception, FAME has expanded to include chapters across the country and within various manufacturing sectors, training hundreds of world-class multiskilled technicians each year.
To date, FAME chapters have spurred tens of millions of dollars of investment in FAME learning centers to provide state-of-the-art training facilities for AMT students.
FAME IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE…
- Career-oriented and seeking rewarding work with attractive benefits
- Interested in graduating debt-free
- Someone who values hands-on training and education
- Interested in pursuing a manufacturing and STEM-related career path
- Wanting to advance quickly in your career to pursue the lifestyle you want
AN ENGAGING CAREER STARTS WITH HANDS-ON TRAINING:
- The Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program administered under the FAME model leverages a work/learn framework to weave technical knowledge, professional behaviors, and distinct manufacturing core exercises into a focused co-op experience
- Professional behaviors and practices are introduced and reinforced throughout AMT programs through an applied learning approach
- In total, AMTs gain nearly 1,800 hours of experience over the course of the program, working three days a week and attending class two days a week
- Upon graduation, AMTs will demonstrate mastery in the Manufacturing Core Exercises (MCE’s) of Safety Culture, 5S Organizational Management, Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, and Machine Reliability
- More than 85% of AMTs are hired on full-time upon graduation
WHAT YOU CAN DO PRE-FAME:
- Engaged in STEM-related
- K12 programs such as
- Project Lead the Way or
- FIRSTRobotics or similar
- Graduated high school, preferably in the top third of the class
- Enrolls in AMT program at a local FAME chapter
- Learns valuable, transferable technical skills, including electricity, robotics, fluid power, mechanics, fabrication, industrial troubleshooting and more
- Gains experience within a modern, advanced manufacturing floor environment
- Masters the Manufacturing Core Exercises and the Six Professional Behaviors
- Graduates with an associate degree, 60-79 credit hours, 1,800 hours of on-the-job training and work experience and little to no student debt
- Dives into a rewarding and lucrative career as a multi-skilled technician
- Builds upon education through a fully aligned bachelor’s degree program with a national FAME education partner institution, or pursues a degree locally
Learn more at https://fame-usa.secure-platform.com/aworkers/fame