- This event has passed.
Advance Michigan Catalyst Information Session
December 7, 2018 @ 3:30 am - 6:00 am
America’s Promise, locally called Advance Michigan Catalyst, a U.S. Department of Labor grant funded to provide occupational training in robotics and automation pathways, is hosting an employer orientation meeting on December 7 at Automation Alley. The Workforce Intelligence Network (WIN), in partnership with Macomb Community College (MCC) and Oakland Community College (OCC), Macomb/St. Clair Michigan Works!, and Oakland County Michigan Works!, invites employers to hear first-hand from project representatives and graduates of the program.
MCC and OCC have designed programs to help students obtain the high-demand, high skills, and confidence needed to be the region’s next robotics technicians. Upon successful completion of these programs, students earn their OSHA 10 Card, FANUC 1 Certification, PLC Certification, a Certificate of Completion from the college. In addition, participants will be prepared to take the Siemens Mechatronics Systems Certification Level 1 Exam. Participants will interview with local robotics and automation firms at the conclusion of the program.
8:30-9 a.m. Continental breakfast, networking and registration
9-10:30 a.m. Presentations
10:30 -11 a.m. Q-and-A period
- Rana Al-Igoe, Director, Work-Based Initiatives, WIN
- Sandra Bachert & Kristen Charlton, Oakland Community College, Economic & Workforce Development
- Mike Draheim, Career Planner, Macomb County Michigan Works!
- Denise Van Hee, Director , Oakland County Michigan Works! Troy
- Holger Ekanger, WCE Director, Engineering & Advanced Technology, Macomb Community College, M-TEC