On Friday, May 20, 2022 the US House of Representatives Science, Space, and Technology Subcommittee on Research and Technology hosted a field hearing on Building a Workforce to Navigate the Electric Vehicle Future which featured the MiREV employer-led collaborative. Witness testimonials included:
- Ms. Marcia Black-Watson, Industry Engagement Division Administrator, Workforce Development from Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO)
- Mr. Robert Bollinger, Chief Executive Officer, Bollinger Motors
- Ms. Jennifer Mefford, National Co-Chair, Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program (EVITP)
- Mr. Benigno “Ben” Cruz, Director, Center for Advanced Automotive Technology (CAAT), Macomb Community College
- Mr. Josh Nassar, Legislative Director, United Auto Workers (UAW)
MiREV is lead by MAGMA and includes over 100 partners including including Capital Area Michigan Works!, Detroit at Work, GST Michigan Works!, Henry Ford College, Jackson College, Lansing Community College, Macomb Community College, Michigan Works! Macomb/St. Clair , Michigan Works! Southeast, Monroe County Community College, Mott Community College, Oakland Community College, Oakland County Michigan Works! Oak Park, Schoolcraft College, Southeast Michigan Community Alliance, Washtenaw Community College, Wayne County Community College District, industry stakeholders, employers and education partners.